Claydon Rolls have been developed to allow farmers to effectively roll after strip seeding to ensure the crops are given an uncompromised start.
One of the most important factors in achieving effective crop establishment is ensuring thorough soil consolidation around the seeding zone.
Not only does a well-timed pass with a heavy set of Cambridge Rolls improve ‘soil to seed contact’, it also helps to retain moisture, reduce erosion, improve chemical spray contact and decrease slug activities.
With this in mind, the Claydon Rolls have been developed to allow farmers to effectively roll after strip seeding to ensure the crops are given an uncompromised start.
We offer 6.3m, 8.3m and 12.3m Cambridge Rolls.
Claydon Direct Seed Drills
Claydon Drills are the most renowned direct strip till seeding system in Europe, giving sustainable high yield results year on year with huge environmental benefits. Their seed drills can be used direct into stubble or cultivated soils giving huge time and cost savings when used as a direct drill.
The leading tine can be adjusted to a depth of between 0 for low disturbance and 15cm (6 inches) for deep rooting crops like OSR. The second tine can be adjusted via the depth wheels to put the seed in as shallow or deep as necessary.
- Centrally mounted depth wheels give very accurate seed placement as they run on undisturbed soil between the rows and do not run over or cap the seeded area.
- Stone protected leading tines break through the ground lifting and aerating it whilst creating a drainage tract and space for the roots to grow deep and strong with ease.
- Solid sprung seeding tines keep a highly accurate and constant seed depth, flowing through the soil lifted by the leading tines and cultivating it whilst only moving for a large stone.
- Levelling boards and tines leave a superbly level finish covering the seedlings in a perfect soil plant pot with drainage and space for root development.
- Fertiliser can be placed below the seed (front tine) or above the seed (rear tine) with the standard tine set up. With the twin tine option, fertiliser can be placed below the seed only.